What is ISO/IEC 17025 Accreditation?
ISO/IEC 17025 is the main quality management system standard for calibration laboratories internationally. While Trillium Measurement and Control has long been accredited to the ISO 9001 quality standard however; ISO/IEC 17025 evaluates and recognizes the technical competence of a calibration laboratory in addition to the management requirements laid out in ISO 9001. In order to obtain accreditation, a calibration laboratory must undergo an independent assessment by a third party to ensure that the quality management system (QMS) is in compliance with this international standard. Only after the QMS undergoes this thorough review is a laboratory deemed technically competent and obtains the ISO/IEC 17025 accreditation by an authorized accreditation body. In addition to the initial assessment, the laboratory must also undergo regular reviews in order to ensure that compliance is maintained.
While the decision to pursue ISO/IEC 17025 accreditation is completely voluntary Trillium Measurement and Control has chosen to do so in order to provide customers with the utmost confidence in calibration results obtained from our liquid calibration laboratory. Our newly accredited liquid calibration laboratory has demonstrated the ability to obtain repeatable, accurate and precise calibration results using:
- A well-documented maintenance and calibration program for all standards used
- Suitable and validated calibration methods
- Experienced, competent and well trained calibration staff
- A controlled calibration system and documentation of environmental conditions
- Appropriate handling of customer instruments to preserve calibration integrity
- A quality assurance program with rigorous documentation of laboratory instrument performance and quality control measures to ensure integrity of calibration methods
- Participation in inter-laboratory proficiency testing programs to demonstrate ongoing competence with all our methods
- Continuous re-evaluation of the QMS and constant improvement in order to provide efficient and effective services
Trillium Measurement and Control’s liquid calibration laboratory provides customers with trusted and reliable results that can reduce risk, save time and money by minimizing downtime and avoiding costly shutdowns and re-testing. Feel free to contact us at 905-305-7790 or [email protected] to find out more, our knowledgeable customer service representatives will be happy to answer any questions and address any concerns you may have.